Enter your email address:

Deity of Christ

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4 comments

On a recent discussion the issue of the trinity and Christ's deity came up. Someone was questioning if Christ was man, God or both. My answer is that He was both, fully God and fully man. I also tried along with others to explain the trinity metaphorically.

The question I bring forth is similar to Lordship Salvation. Is it necessary to understand Christ's deity and/or the concept of the trinity to receive salvation. Some would say no because it is confusing. I would point out that God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33). I would also argue that if you don't know who Christ is, how do you have a relationship with Him?

4 comments: to “ Deity of Christ so far...

  • Timm October 23, 2007 at 9:21 AM
     

    If Christ is not God, how could he have lived a perfect life? If Christ is not man, how could his death mean anything to us?

    The only answer is that he is both.

    I agree with your take on understanding who he is. If I do not know WHO Christ is, how can I claim to know him?

  • Layneh October 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM
     

    I also agree here, but I would also suggest that if you do not communicate with God, can you be "saved"?

    Do you need communication with God to receive salvation? (outside of the obvious asking for salvation)

  • RightMichigan.com October 30, 2007 at 1:43 PM
     

    Hey Craig,

    Wanted to make sure you were in the loop on the meet-up going on NEXT weekend.

    Who: Conservative bloggers with special guest Saul Anuzis

    What: An informal get to know you sort of meet up!

    Where: The Downtown Radisson, 111 N. Grand Ave, Lansing, MI 48933. The Regency I Room.

    When: Saturday, November 10 at noon.

    More details here:

    http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2007/10/26/13577/954

    If you could RSVP by Friday the 9th that'd be great!

    Let me know!

    --Nick
    www.RightMichigan.com

  • Anonymous November 6, 2007 at 12:34 AM
     

    Is it possible to be "saved?" Yes. The status of one's salvation when Christ returns is between him and the person and he will make that judgement.

    More importantly, what is being "saved?" Is it when you make a decision to trust Jesus? Or is it the reward at his return? If you "make a decision" at a point in time, but then do not follow in his ways - will you be saved when he returns? Or will he say "depart from me for I never knew you?"

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.