Enter your email address:

Transition

Sunday, June 22, 2008 3 comments

I just found out that my Pastor who baptized me and married my wife and I is retiring. He has been with my church 19 years. I have known him since my early teenage years, which was over a decade ago. He has been much more than just a pastor to my wife and I and we will truly miss him after he leaves.

More importantly is our church's transition to find a new pastor. There is a big challenge ahead for us and especially for our deacons. I pray that God will provide the right person for us. Since my pastor has been there for such a long time, I have never gone through this process before.

I am filled with ambivalence because on one hand I am sad to see my pastor go, but on the other I am happy because he has been planning this for some time and wanted to retire from the full-time ministry and do something part-time. With his extensive background and knowledge God has provided him a part-time position with a seminary in North Carolina which is close to his hometown. This is exciting because with his vast experience he will be teaching future Christian pastors. He will join other great Christian men on the faculty such as Charles Ryrie.

I would like to ask for your prayers for my wife and I and our church during this time of transition.

3 comments: to “ Transition so far...

  • Mike June 23, 2008 at 5:58 AM
     

    Good for him. Sounds like he might be in a position to do more good since we all know that our seminaries today are not exactly bastions of orthodox thinking today.

  • Timm June 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM
     

    I'll take the job. ;) Finally a church that can handle my Fire and Brimstone/depravity of man sermons.

    Seriously, I'll be praying for you guys.

  • Layneh June 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM
     

    I will say a prayer for him and his family, as well as for the church.

    I have been through this process more than once, and it can be exciting and stressful at the same time.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.