Enter your email address:

Happy Flag Day

Thursday, June 14, 2007 2 comments

This is a holiday that I think people don't give as much attention to as they should. Most people don't know proper flag etiquette. One person specifically is Governor Granholm. In 2003 Granholm issued a proclamation to lower the American flag statewide to half-staff when a Michigan soldier dies. The flag code does grant governors to order the lowering of flags for government officials, but not soldiers. This practice is an oxymoron. Isn't the reason people die for their country is so the flag can be raised? I personally think that this is a political anti war protest. As someone who has served in the military I strongly oppose this practice. There is an article by the wall street journal addressing this very issue. I am aware that I found it on a military families against the war website, however it does list both viewpoints. I don't think everyone who supports this practice is anti war, but they may be ignorant on flag etiquette. Regardless of your viewpoint on the war, what is your opinion on this matter?

2 comments: to “ Happy Flag Day so far...

  • Anonymous June 15, 2007 at 1:05 PM
     

    Wow, Craig you must be a mind reader.
    Please refer to link below.

    http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070615/NEWS01/706150353

  • Layneh June 15, 2007 at 2:50 PM
     

    I myself do not know that much about "flag etiquette". Outside the obvious fact that I do not put it on the ground, and I keep a light on it at night.

    As far as granholm doing something studpi, its become kind of a norm.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.