Enter your email address:

Oil Solutions

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1 comments

Do you think government should cap oil prices or profits? I personally do not support that idea. I hold a laissez faire type of view. The question then moves on to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska. I am all for that. Another alternative was mentioned by Congressman Walberg. A co-worker of mine forwarded me this article about Congressman Walberg's suggestion of drilling in the Great Lakes. I personally think there is no way drilling in Alaska or the Great Lakes will happen while there is a democrat controlled U.S. House of Representatives. However, everyone is complaining about gas prices and I don't see many people giving up their cars for bikes and public transportation. What plans do you support in regards to our oil dependency?

1 comments: to “ Oil Solutions so far...

  • Timm June 14, 2007 at 10:17 AM
     

    I am one of those rare conservitives who thinks that the problem with Gas prices actually is with the Oil companies. The common argument I hear is that the oil companies only make about 6 percent profit. That is not much.

    Correction: That does not SOUND LIKE MUCH. when the product that you are selling is something that every single person in the country needs/consumes, 6 percent profit is a huge number. Honestly, if the oild companies only made 2 or 3 percent profit, they would still be in the billions.

    I don't know what I would propose to do about any of this, but I do think that that is were the problem lies.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.