Enter your email address:

The Two Sides of God

Monday, February 25, 2008 3 comments

There has been much discussion recently about God's grace and His other attributes. While I usually focus on His lordship and sovereignty, which is because I think it is sometimes overlooked due to His overwhelming grace. I think people can get caught up in His mercy and grace and forget about Him being Almighty God and ultimately lack fear.

I think the best way to remind ourselves and come to grasp with both sides of God is to look at the foundation of Christianity. God's mercy and grace was so great that He sent Jesus to redeem us. Yet in His righteousness and justness He poured His wrath upon Jesus when He was on the cross bearing our sins.

The familiar story we've all heard so many time is the best example God illustrates for us to understand Him.

3 comments: to “ The Two Sides of God so far...

  • Timm February 26, 2008 at 10:43 AM
     

    You didn't have a video to illistrate this point? I'm disappointed. =)

    Very well put Craig. Right on the money.

  • Layneh February 27, 2008 at 12:30 AM
     

    thats funny Timm.

    Right now I am researching Spiritual Gifts for my book, and what I am finding interesting is that there isn't really a "complete" list.

    This leads me to believe that God creates each of us to excel at a certain part of the Holy Spirit. In doing such we can fully create the body of Christ.

    It is my belief that some focus on one aspect of God, because thats what they are lead to, by way of the Holy Spirit. While you focus on Lordship, I know I feel the strongest about humbling ourselves before God, due to the undeserving gift of salvation.

    I know you arent saying one is greater than the other, I guess I just find it interesting how we all can be a part of the same body of Christ, and yet be different.

  • Roland February 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM
     

    So true. But sometimes it goes the other way around as well. People, without trying to, end up painting God to look like some sort of boogey man when all they can point out is His wrath and judgment.
    I know that His love is FAR greater than that.
    I know, exactly what your post is trying to point out. I just can't help it. The creator of everything is my best friend. How can I not share that?
    Blessings.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.