Enter your email address:

Pascal’s Wager

Monday, September 10, 2007 1 comments


This is an interesting model that uses rational thinking to aid in the decision to believe in God or not. If you do not know the history of Pascal’s Wager I suggest you google it. It gives two options: to believe or not. It lists the separate scenarios that are plausible. There is a formula to determine which outcome has the greatest value. Pascal’s answer was to believe in God, but I still have problems by his model. First, the only factor he weighs is the value. Is the only factor a church or a person have to pursue is giving a more valuable presentation for Christianity? I am not speaking of people such as Joel Osteen either. I am wondering if someone’s desire for a reward (eternal life) or someone’s fear (Hell) is sufficient for salvation?

1 comments: to “ Pascal’s Wager so far...

  • Layneh September 11, 2007 at 4:26 PM
     

    I cant help but wonder, do you think that a person can "believe" in something even if its a fall back plan?

    I dont think so. This topic just reminds me of some "Christians" who believe they are saved because they dont want to go to hell. So I call them Sunday Christians, however being Christ like means you are a Christians 7 days a week.

    I am pretty sure that you agree with me, I just wanted to post it.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.