Enter your email address:

Church Growth

Monday, March 3, 2008 4 comments

4 comments: to “ Church Growth so far...

  • Layneh March 4, 2008 at 11:55 AM
     

    Interesting... I would says that just because a church is big, doesn't mean that it is wrong.

  • Craig March 4, 2008 at 11:51 PM
     

    I agree, just because a church is big doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.

    I think this video represents that some churches are growing do to placating people with entertainment. I don't think we have to market churches.

  • Roland March 6, 2008 at 12:45 PM
     

    Wow. Spurgeon sure could sound curmudgeonly at times.

    I agree with what Layne says.
    It depends on the "why" of what we are doing it.
    If you're doing it for numbers, it isn't going to work.
    If you're seeing what people need, say fish and bread for instance, and then feeding them, they just might stay around to hear why you're doing it.

    Jesus always drew crowds. It makes me want to make a video chastising Jesus for doing that. In total sarcasism. But those who made this video would probably not get it.
    Unless I put Jesus in a suit and tie....
    ;)

  • Kinggame March 21, 2008 at 6:34 PM
     

    It's a fine line. I personally don't like the entertainment style churches, but i have attended one fairly regularly because my family did. Church isn't there for the saints, it's there for the sinners. It may not be my cup of tea, but I can hardly argue with attracting a large group of people to hear a positive message every Sunday. Even if it's buried under electric guitar.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.