Enter your email address:

Reverence

Monday, November 19, 2007 1 comments

I grew up in Michigan, but for a few years lived in Virginia. One of the hardest changes I faced was finding a new church, especially when I was familiar to a formal and stoic style. My experience in Virginia was completely different. People were more friendly and by far more enthusiastic and passionate.

The southern hospitality is something I cherished and try to emulate, but I could never get use to the vibrant worship style. I think this was purely a cultural issue and do not see one better than the other. However, I think that no one will be able to be stoic or enthusiastic when they encounter God’s holiness.

Here are a few examples:

Isaiah 6:5
“So I said:
‘Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts.’”

Job 42:6
“Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes.”

Luke 5:8
“Depart from me, for I am a sinful man O Lord!”

And we know at one point everyone will give proper reverence to God.

Philippians 2:10-11
“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

1 comments: to “ Reverence so far...

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.