Enter your email address:

Tolerance

Friday, November 2, 2007 5 comments


What are your thoughts about this bumper sticker?

5 comments: to “ Tolerance so far...

  • Timm November 5, 2007 at 11:34 AM
     

    I'm fine with Coexisting. My problem is that people want me to condone sinful behavior. Too often speaking out against something is recieved as hateful. What's important to understand is that when I speak out against as sin, I am not proclaiming myself better than anyone. I'm a sinful lowlife just like everyone else. The only difference is that I have been forgiven for my sins.

  • Anonymous November 6, 2007 at 12:30 AM
     

    Coexistance is a good goal, but must be a two way street.

  • Layneh November 7, 2007 at 1:14 PM
     

    Euphoric idea. Could never happen. People are too defensive and have a habit of taking things too extremes.

    I would like to remind people that requiring people to co-exist, in any context, requires people to lose freedoms. We are not created equal, however that doesnt mean we should take advantage of those who may be "less" in those traits.

    Great power, great responsibility and that whole idea. We are our brothers keeper.

  • Anonymous November 8, 2007 at 12:08 AM
     

    Layne,

    That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't think it has to be extreme positions. Jesus said there is only one way. Tell people that and they get offended. That is why I laugh at people who preach tolerance because they will not tolerate absolute truths. They only want to tolerate the post modernism view of no absolutes.

  • Layneh November 11, 2007 at 3:20 PM
     

    Today in service one of our pastors actually talked about how this theory doesn't work. Most world religions are inclusive, meaning that it doesn't matter what you belive, all roads get you to the top of the mountain. Christianity is exclusive, you have to accept Christ to get to the top of the mountain.

    The idea that these two totally different types of religion can exists together, happily, is imposible.

    http://www.cafepress.com/rightwingstuff/3895662

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.