Enter your email address:

Hope and Trust: Where Do You Place It?

Friday, October 10, 2008 2 comments

The Republican and Democrat conventions have been on my mind for awhile. As the cameras panned through the audience I watched people screaming and crying over the candidates. Not to mention each respective party putting spin on each other's plans. Each of the candidate's campaigns and followers portray that the other will ruin the country. These thoughts inspired me to write my previous two posts about government's ineffectiveness. We all hear the promises that usually go unfulfilled.

With all of that said, I ask who can really make a difference? Should we place our hope and trust into a politician or political ideals? Absolutely not. Romans 13 says that God established those who are in authority. I enjoy talking about politics as much as anyone else and I believe Christians have a responsibility to vote according to biblical standards. However, let us not lose focus of God's sovereignty and forget that He is in control.

Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

2 comments: to “ Hope and Trust: Where Do You Place It? so far...

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.