Enter your email address:

My Top 5 Most Unique Restaurants

Sunday, October 26, 2008 4 comments

Here is a list of the five most unique restaurants I have visited. I tried to avoid chain restaurants because that takes away from the uniqueness. The purpose of this is to recommend these establishments and have people comment on them if they have eaten there or refer another place. So, without further ado...

5) The Purple Cow. - Located in Virginia Beach, VA this is a family place with a friendly atmosphere. The main reason I selected this place is because it has the best milkshakes. My favorite is the peanut butter and jelly milkshake. It sounds bad but is delicious. Recommend: Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake

4) Cheers - Located in Boston, MA this is known for the television series. Previously known as the Bull and Finch Pub. While the outside is identical the inside is much different. Items on the menu are named after a character's name on the show. Recommend Bahston Clam Chowda

3) Tar Baby's - Located in Myrtle Beach, SC a terrific place to get a good breakfast. I was so shocked that there is a place with a name like that. Everyone was really friendly and the food was pretty good. Recommend: Pancakes

2) Tony's Restaurant - Located in Birch Run, MI this place will clog your arteries in a hurry. They have huge portions and when I say huge I am talking about a pound of bacon. The place is a dive, but very reasonably priced. Recommend: Bacon Cheeseburger

1) Ed Debevic's - Located in Chicago, IL it has the rudest service you will get. Their motto is eat and get out. This is done on purpose and there is a large amount of people that wait to get poor service. They will dance on the table's, sit down at your table and do just about anything to make it entertaining. They even have the world's smallest sundae, which is only one bite of ice cream and a drop of chocolate syrup. Recommend: World's Smallest Sundae.

*A place I am looking at visiting is the Safe House in Milwaukee, WI. It looks like a fun place, everything is spy oriented.

4 comments: to “ My Top 5 Most Unique Restaurants so far...

  • DB October 26, 2008 at 8:57 PM
     

    Ed Debevics sounds like a sweet place. If for some reason I am ever in Chicago I will be looking this place up. Thie restaurant has to be a great place to eat.

  • Timm October 27, 2008 at 11:54 AM
     

    Ed Debevics is GREAT! I've never had so much fun getting terible service. They made us go get our own drinks. I went there with ma and Craig's mutual friend Jon, who ordered a weiner. Needless to say, that was a mistake. We'll just say that Jon's desire for a weiner was anounced to the entire restaurant, via the top of our table.

  • Layneh October 27, 2008 at 2:58 PM
     

    I can bet that Jons face went red real quick like!

    I personally never wanted to go there, I like good service, and would not pay for such a restaurant.

    I will gladly give you bad service, for half the price they do! :)

  • Layneh October 27, 2008 at 2:59 PM
     

    Oh yah, and as far as Tony's... nothing is small, and nothing tastes bad. As an advisory: dont go during normal eating times (12pm for lunch), seating gets ::tight::

    5 star diner, for sure.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.