Enter your email address:

Rev. Robert H. Schuller Fires Son

Thursday, October 30, 2008 4 comments

Televangelist Rev. Robert H. Schuller removed his son from the telivision show "Hour of Power." I have heard of this show, but I have never watched the show. In my brief look into him he sounds like Joel Osteen who only likes to talk about the positives of Christianity and nothing about sin.

When I first heard about this I immediately thought that it was a sin issue, but I was wrong and I will give some quotes and let you decide for yourself what you think of the situation.

"The real minister's name that we honor is Jesus, not Schuller," he said to thunderous applause


I liked that statement and sometimes I think people can forget who is actualy in charge of everything. It is the next statement that I have problems with.

"I was called to start a mission, not a church," Schuller told his audience Sunday. "There is a difference. . . . You don't try to preach . . . what is sin and what isn't sin. A mission is a place where you ask nonbelievers to come and find faith and hope and feel love. We're a mission first, a church second."


Questions:

- Is there a difference between a Church and a Mission?

- Have you watched this program? If so what are your thoughts

FULL ARTICLE

4 comments: to “ Rev. Robert H. Schuller Fires Son so far...

  • Anonymous November 2, 2008 at 6:32 AM
     

    Our family really liked the direction the younger Schuller was taking the Crystal Cathedral. The messages were more tied in with the Gospel than the father Schuller's were. From every indication, THIS is why Robert A Schuller was ousted: He was teaching too much from the Gospel. No Joke, I wish I was! :(

    Needless to say, as long as they persist in removing Robert A Schuller and his Gospel centered messages, we will not be contributing nor will we be attending the services.

    Bill from Ca

  • Craig November 2, 2008 at 2:59 PM
     

    Biil,

    Thanks for the comment. I can honestly say I have not seen the program, but if this is the reason why then I think they will see a negative result. Thanks again, I appreciate the input from someone that has seen the program.

  • Mike November 3, 2008 at 8:51 AM
     

    Sounds like a plausible theory to me. These prosperity gospel and no-sin-preached-here types can't stand anything that's even close to the gospel.

  • Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 7:39 AM
     

    Reality is that there is a commission that Christ gave, to preach the Gospel. The problem with nowaday ministers .... they are on television to promote prosperity not to preach the salvation of Christ, and just because at the end of a service they tell you to invite Christ in your life does not mean that they preached the Gospel. Example, Joel Osteen.

    I am not against ministers teaching one to succeed but that should be done in the church, not on television. They should be using television to proclaim the Gospel of Christ.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.