Enter your email address:

Asceticism

Thursday, April 17, 2008 5 comments



Asceticism is the practice of self denial for religious reasons. This is a center theme within Christianity. Pride is denounced and humbleness and humility is encouraged. In todays world that is viewed as a weakness. To succeed, one must take on the humanistic view and do whatever it takes to take care of numero uno.

Proverbs 27:2 "Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; A stranger, and not your own lips."

In the above video, Nichole Nordeman sings her popular song "legacy". She is my favorite female artist, particularly because of this song. She makes people think about how they are living. Not necessarily when we leave earth, but possible relationships that we have had. I personally have lost connection with many friends throughout the years and I am approaching the end of my college years and soon to be looking for new employment which may cause an end to even more. I can wonder what impression I have left on them. This is not a prideful remark, just as Nichole Nordeman contrasts the flesh liking accolades, but more importantly is your reflection of Christ. Did I stand for Christ? Was I loving? or was I a hypocrite?

I guess I am attempting to open the thought of evaluating your own life and what you are living for. Is it self glorification or the glorification of Jesus Christ? And what will people remember you by.

5 comments: to “ Asceticism so far...

  • Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 10:37 PM
     

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

  • Layneh April 18, 2008 at 6:54 AM
     

    I am happy to see text that goes along with the videos now! haha.

    I was actually going to say something that pertained to this post, however, it seems to have escaped me at this moment. I think it was the hug comment from the last user comment. dunno.

    Oh yes! "what will people remember you by." I have always hoped that people would remember me as someone with great integrity, and a passion for seeking true knowledge.

  • Doorman-Priest April 18, 2008 at 3:44 PM
     

    "He did very little harm" would do me nicely on my gravestone.

  • Mike April 20, 2008 at 9:28 AM
     

    I want "roasted smores in the burning wreckage of Northern Virginia" to be on my tombstone >:)

  • Roland April 21, 2008 at 10:50 AM
     

    I want sausage and mushroom on my Tombstone. :D

    To some extent, we are all hypocritical at times. Its about being able to forgive ourselves and others when it happens.
    But you are right that not enough people work on themselves.
    Too many try to fix everyone else.
    (Logs and specks kind of thing)

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.