Enter your email address:

Fantasy Football

Friday, August 15, 2008 5 comments

It is that time again. Fantasy football season is here. I have been active in fantasy football for about five years now. I know it is kind of nerdy and geeky to pick players for a fake team who give you fake points. However, it does give me the opportunity to use my football knowledge and a reason to watch games between teams that I am not interested in. It also provides good comradery.

I have a draft this weekend and one next weekend. I remember my first draft. I was such an amature and so was my friend that ran it. Most of my friends that were in the leaugue are married so my friend that was the commissioner of the league suggested that the wives can hang out while we have the draft. That was a bad idea. We started out good, but as the rounds passed and being unprepaired sunk in we went into hours. We would see our wives peek around the corner giving the look to indicate they were ready to go and the frequent question of "how much longer?" Afterwards my wife indicated that she does not care if I do this in my free time, but she does not want to be included again. She has come around a little bit, but I still have a lot of work to do to get her really interested.

We all have our own hobbies and interests be it sports or video games. I strongly enjoy fantasy football and probably because the leagues I am involved in go above and beyond just playing the game. They include golf outings and post season parties. With that said it is time for me to get my cheat sheets and magazines in anticipation of another season of fantasy football.

5 comments: to “ Fantasy Football so far...

  • Dawg August 15, 2008 at 6:59 PM
     

    Hey - have you already started a league or joined one?

    I play too and it would be cool to be in the same league with you

  • Craig August 15, 2008 at 9:18 PM
     

    Actually I am in 2 and it is the same group of guys. Maybe if I get we can get enough people that blog we could create another league.

    If you are interested, I am also doing a football pick em league which has a lot of openings. If you are interested send me an email at craigscogitations@gmail.com and I will send you an invite. That goes for everybody

  • Layneh August 16, 2008 at 3:27 PM
     

    Fantasy Football: Its like Dungeons & Dragons for the guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons.

  • Timm August 18, 2008 at 2:43 PM
     

    "Fantasy Football: Its like Dungeons & Dragons for the guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons."

    Wow.... no seriously, stop playing W.O.W. then you can make fun of us. :P

  • Layneh August 19, 2008 at 8:17 PM
     

    I stopped over a month ago, let the fun making continue...

    If bloggers are dorks, and Fantasy football is for dorks, you must be a HUGE FREAKIN dork for doing both.

    :)

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.