Enter your email address:

Laminin

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5 comments


I am not into science very much so excuse me if this is old news, but I have been learning about a protein molecule called laminin which holds our body together. The interesting part is that it is shaped like a cross. This has caught fire and many preachers are using it as evidence in God. They are tying it to scripture.

Colossians 1:16-17

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." NIV


Questions

- Do you think this is coincidence?

- Does this prove anything?

- Should Christians boast about things like this to the science community?

5 comments: to “ Laminin so far...

  • Triton August 13, 2008 at 12:17 AM
     

    Do you think this is coincidence?

    Yes.

    Does this prove anything?

    Not to me, but if it leads someone to Christ, I'm all for it.

    Should Christians boast about things like this to the science community?

    No. The scientists could just as easily point out that snowflakes resemble the Star of David, therefore rabbinical Judaism is the way to go.

    Christians should stick with the Bible; latching on to stuff like this just leads to trouble and leads to a loss of credibility for Christianity in the long run.

  • j razz August 13, 2008 at 11:03 AM
     

    Loui Giglio spoke on this very thing.

    j razz

  • Mike August 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM
     

    Considering the fact that the cross has no religious symbolism in the Bible during the time of Genesis, I would say that this is definitely not something to use as a defense.

  • McQ August 13, 2008 at 6:29 PM
     

    I dont' think this should be used to "prove" the existence of God.

    Though Mike, Jesus Christ wasn't mentioned in Genesis, either. I wouldn't put it beyond God to realize we wouldn't discover protein shapes until after the arrival of the cross.

  • Layneh August 14, 2008 at 3:57 PM
     

    Coincidence? I don't know that I believe in such things.

    Proof? Nah, it shows me that God has a sense of humor.

    Outside of that, its like a cloud that looks a lot like a animal, or shape, or something. I think God makes things that appear to resemble other things, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it proves anything, outside the fact that God enjoys giving us joy.

    To some scientists, or those who love science, it might be one of those "awe inspiring moments", which is great, but I am not a huge science fan. Science fiction maybe, but light sabers didn't look like crosses. :)

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.